Corporate Director of Estates
Department for Work & Pensions
Irene Masterton was appointed Commercial Director, Estates in the Department for Works & Pensions in January 2016. She is responsible for negotiating the exit of the PRIME contract, developing and procuring a new service delivery model and rationalisation of the DWP Estate in line with the Department’s 2020 vision.
Irene joined DWP from Shell International Petroleum Limited where she was the General Manager, Retail Network Real Estate from September 2009 until December 2015. Whilst at Shell she led the Network Real Estate Centre of Excellence team to drive operational efficiencies, real estate strategy and proactive asset management in the retail property portfolio (12,000 company operated sites) in conjunction with the country delivery teams.
Irene has also held posts at:
- Standard Chartered Bank (International Bank) in Corporate Real Estate Services holding Group level positions covering Facilities Management, Transactions, RE Strategy & Planning and RE Asset Management.
- Monteray Limited (BT Jaguar – FM Outsourcing) as Project Director for the mobilisation and transition of FM services of the BT property portfolio to an outsource provider Joint Venture.
- Computer Sciences Corporation (IT Consulting & Outsourcing) as Head of Property, Europe.
1:25 pm - 1:45 pm
Rationalising your estate: lessons from the Department for Works and Pensions
Theatre: Assets and Estates Management
Since 2010, the central government estate has fallen by a quarter and over £1 billion has been saved in running costs. Yet with government ambitions to reduce office space by 75%, huge progress is still expected to be made. For this session, hear how DwP has spearheaded their estate rationalisation:
- Delivering the department’s estates programme as part of its 2020 vision
- Reducing the size of the DwP estate by 20% through co-location of job centres and local authorities
- Ensuring cultural change aligns with asset management strategy
- Overhauling estate management procurement